Continuous growth is essential to navigating the evolving and rapidly changing world of work. To stand out in today’s competitive market, to acquire and retain top talent, organizations must offer learning and development opportunities for their employees on a regular basis. Organizations must help them grow.
In the 2023 Career Optimism Index, almost half of the 5000 respondents said they want to develop their career and skillsets, but don’t have the support they need from their current employers. Managers play a key role in providing that support, in helping employees grow and develop. Managers who develop talent create employee experiences that cultivate engagement, tap into innovation, and prepare the organization for the future.
Guided by powerful conversations with their managers, employees can build meaningful, flexible, and resilient career strategies. When employees, with the help of their managers, become self-aware through assessments and feedback and explore the landscape and impacts of potential shifts and trends, they are prepared to identify opportunities and make informed choices about their growth, development and careers.
Through robust formal and informal career development conversations managers can:
- Clarify their goals and career aspirations.
- Identify development opportunities that prepare them for success.
- Create realistic plans to stay on track and achieve their goals.
Are You Ready to Help Them Grow?
By participating in Help Them Grow managers will:
- Understand the business case for and their role in career conversations
- Harness and apply curiosity as a leadership competency
- Learn a practical framework for career conversations
- Practice the habit of asking powerful career questions
- Plan for career conversations with employees
- Prepare for activating real-time learning opportunities
This is a highly interactive, facilitator-led learning experience. Facilitators create a safe, respectful, and open learning environment where participants are encouraged to engage with one another and to share their insights and experiences.