Creating more inclusive cultures where everyone can achieve a sense of belonging in the workplace requires active participation from all employees. While having the right programs and policies in place is essential, it is equally important for individuals to understand their role as an ally and to exhibit inclusive behaviors.
Allies are individuals who actively support and advocate for members of marginalized groups. Having allies throughout the organization can help accelerate the effort to build and maintain inclusion.
Creating allies requires:
- Taking proactive steps to educate employees on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- Actively listening to and valuing diverse perspectives, challenging bias and discrimination when encountered.
- Advocating for policies and practices that promote equity and inclusion.
Allies help create a more welcoming and supportive work environment for all employees, regardless of their background or identity.
Becoming an Ally explores the role of the ally, why it matters and what it takes to create allies throughout the organization. Individuals learn the importance of building and maintaining trust between the individuals or groups they want to work with. They also explore what behaviors can get in the way and what gifts individuals bring to the role of an ally. This program covers how to mitigate the risks of allyship and fully leverage the rewards.
Are You Ready to Create Allies?
This program helps individuals:
- Understand the role of an ally.
- Learn how allies positively impact organizations.
- Gain skills to increase ally effectiveness.
- Increase organizational inclusion.
Facilitators ensure that this fast-paced, interactive experience is conducted in an environment that is safe and respectful by establishing affiliation between participants and creating an open and trusting learning space.