On Monday, in the US, we celebrate Labor Day–a federal holiday created to celebrate workers! For many, it’s a day of rest. For others, it marks the end of summer with barbecues and other celebrations with family and friends.
It’s also a time to celebrate your employees and the contributions they bring to your organizations. Show them you care. Need some ideas? Beverly Kaye and Sharon Jordan-Evans, coauthors of Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay, share 26 no or low cost ways you can let your employees know you care about them. Download descriptions of each of these ideas here.
- Private time with you.
- A long-awaited action item – done!
- An honest talk about the future.
- The honor of representing the company at a conference.
- A chance to grow professionally.
- Recognize your employee’s family.
- Talk about your employee’s next move.
- Serve on an interview committee for a key position.
- Nourish your employee’s professional interests.
- Submit to a critical employee’s “pruning.”
- A unique “perk” for fun.
- A priceless introduction.
- A workplace personal trainer session.
- Three wishes.
- Open a new door.
- Blend your employee’s work and passion.
- An exception to the rules.
- Play genie in a bottle to your employee’s recognition wish list.
- Help them feel at home at work.
- Listen to the truth – over lunch!
- A chance to download.
- Honor your employee’s values.
- A day of improving health.
- Play time.
- The starring role, for once.
- Your promise to repeat the offer.
Go ahead. Celebrate your employees!